TERMS & CONDITIONS
When you book onto any of First Aid Certification and Training programs, via any of the approved booking methods you agree to accepting the Terms and Conditions and all its content.
The Trainers and staff at FACT Adelaide will not tolerate any abuse or threats made via Phone, Email or face to face. Our staff have the right to remove any student or visitor that they deem to be hostile to either staff or other students.
Aggressive/Rude emails or phone calls will not be tolerated, and all further communication will be ceased. The person making the aggressive or rude emails will be removed for all training courses with no entitlement to a refund. All calls are logged and recorded for the purpose of training and monitoring.
Full payment is required at time of booking via approved methods of Phone or Website. Bookings will not be confirmed until full payment is made. Your booking and payment is accepted on the basis that all of the information that you have provided is true and correct and is a conditional offer of enrolment. If, on the day of your booking:
2. TRANSFERRING COURSE DATES:
Should you wish to transfer your training commitment prior to the training date, you will be permitted to transfer to the same course within the following 2 months from original course date. All Transfers must be requested in writing and then confirmed by our administration staff at firstname.lastname@example.org 3 or more business days prior to course start date and start time. Phone transfers will not be accepted.
- It has been identified that you were not truthful in your responses and declarations you will not be eligible for a refund. If you believe that FACT Adelaide has made an error in its implementation of this policy, you should contact FACT Adelaide within 48 hours of the decision being made.
- If you have not completed any pre-study requirements that you agreed to complete prior to your booking day, your enrolment will be cancelled. You will not be eligible for a refund because FACT Adelaide made it clear in pre-enrolment information that pre-study was required prior to the booking date. You also agreed during your enrolment to complete the pre-assessment; this information was made available to you prior to your enrolment and again during the enrolment process. If you believe that FACT Adelaide has made an error in its implementation of this policy, you should contact FACT Adelaide within 48 hours of the decision being made.
- If you are unable to produce valid Photo ID on the day of your course, you will not be permitted entry and will be removed from the class. To reschedule full course fees will apply.
If the original course has been previously transferred or rescheduled, no refunds or further transfers will be offered. One Transfer per course booking.
Students may reschedule if they are able to supply a doctor’s certificate only (pharmacy letters are not permitted) via email on the day of training by 4pm. All transfers must be made in writing to email@example.com. NO REFUNDS only transfers. Text messages or voice messages will not be accepted.
3. NOMINATING SOMEONE ELSE:
If, after booking a course you are unable to attend, you are welcome to nominate someone else to attend in your place at no additional cost (conditions apply see below). All Transfers must be requested in writing and then confirmed by our administration staff at firstname.lastname@example.org 3 or more business days prior to the course start date and start time.
- More than 3 business days’ notice of transfer will incur a $22 admin fee per person admin fee will apply
- Less than 3 business days’ notice transfers not permitted
If the original course has been previously transferred or rescheduled no refunds or further transfers will be offered. One Transfer per course booking. Transfers are not permitted to another person after course date has passed.
All cancellations/refunds must be requested in writing by completing a refund form (available within enrolment email or through our website: FAQs>Forms) and then confirmed by our administration staff at email@example.com 3 or more business days prior to course start date and start time.
Effective date for transfers or cancellations is the date and time of your email to our nearest business hour not the time you sent it. Weekend, after hours and public holiday emails and phone calls will not be answered outside normal trading hours which are as follows: 08.30AM-04.00PM Monday to Friday. Our phone messaging system is not monitored, please use our enquiry form on website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- More than 3 business days’ notice of transfer to someone else will incur a $10 per person admin fee will apply
- Less than 3 business days’ notice of transfer to someone else will incur a $22 per person admin fee will apply
An administration fee of $22 will be deducted from the original payment made. Less than 3 working days notice: no refund permitted.
A rescheduling fee of $10 per person applies. Less than 3 working days notice: No rescheduling permitted.
5. FAILURE TO TURN UP TO NOMINATED COURSE:
Failure to turn up to your nominated course on time means that there will be no refund.
Any students arriving after the nominated course start time will not be permitted to enter. This preserves everyone's right to receive the training and assessment that they have enrolled and paid for without the interruption and repetition to students who are late. Full course cost will still apply.
- A refund may not be granted if the student fails to comply with all relevant terms and conditions.
- The student has the right to appeal the decision if they can supply additional evidence. All new evidence will be considered, and a decision will be made. The student will be notified of that decision via email.
- Refunds may take up to 5 business days to show in the account once processed.
- Refunds will not be granted if any student is removed from the premise for any reason no exemptions.
- Refunds will not be granted for failure to turn up to nominated class.
- Refunds will not be granted if you are abusive rude or aggressive either to any students or staff.
- A refund will not be granted if the student provides false information in their booking and/or enrolment process.
- Students that are unable to provide sufficient evidence on the day that they are permitted to take part in the training will not be entitled to a refund.
- Refunds are not permitted because of change of mind. Course dates are scheduled in advance by 3 months and are booked out quickly therefore it is the students responsibility to arrange their own schedule.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday white card courses start promptly at 08.30am.
Registration Time from 8.00am-8.15am.
Saturday and public holiday courses start promptly at 08.00am.
Registration Time from 7.30am-7.45am.
Tuesday and Thursday First Aid Courses start promptly at 08.30am.
Registration Time from 8.00am-8.15am.
We require all students to arrive at least 15 mins prior to start time to have their photo ID (Immicard, Driver’s License, Proof of Age or Passport) and enrolment scanned and checked. Australian citizens should also bring their Medicare card or other form of evidence of citizenship (e.g. birth certificate). Photos or scanned copies of ID will not be accepted.
Students may reschedule at no fee if they are able to supply a doctor’s certificate, this can be sent via email on the day of training by 4pm. All transfers must be made in writing to email@example.com. No refunds, only transfers. Text messages and/or voice messages will not be accepted.
6. WEEKEND AND PUBLIC HOLIDAY TRAINING:
On occasion, First Aid Certification and Training run weekend and public holiday courses. The terms and conditions for these courses will be slightly different to those courses run on weekdays.
7. WORKPLACE OR GROUP BOOKINGS (ON SITE OR OFFSITE)
FACT Adelaide can provide all First Aid, Manual Handling and White Card courses as group training either onsite at our location or offsite at your nominated location.
When booking a private/group booking we require a non-refundable deposit to confirm course date and time.
- No transfers to a different day once booked.
- No changes to the original booking.
- No refunds once the booking has been completed.
- Courses will start promptly at the nominated time (indicated in original booking email) late comers will not be allowed entry nor will they be eligible for a refund.
- Arrive at least 15mins prior to course commencement to avoid disappointment if late.
- Current Photo ID (Immicard, Driver’s License, Proof of age or Passport) is mandatory when completing a course. Failure to present ID will result in not taking part of training on the day. Australian citizens should also bring their Medicare card or other form of evidence of citizenship (e.g. birth certificate). No refunds will be given.
8. PARTICIPANTS DUTY OF DISCLOSURE:
- The deposit will be deducted from the final invoice however, if you cancel within 7 days of your booking date there is no refund of the deposit (deposit amount will vary depending on booking, more information will be supplied at time of booking).
- Bookings are not confirmed until all forms are completed and returned to us with the deposit.
- Minimum of 12 people for private bookings held offsite or at our location.
- Pre-Study is a Mandatory requirement for all courses. Any student who fails to complete the pre-study will not be allowed to take part in the training. (Full fees will still apply)
- People who fail to turn up on the day of training will still be added to the invoice.
- USI numbers MUST be completed and returned prior to course date. https://www.usi.gov.au. This is a government requirement.
- Travel and accommodation fee may be applicable within reason.
- In date Photo ID (Immicard, Driver’s License, Proof of Age or Passport) must be provided and verified on the day of training. Australian citizens should also bring their Medicare card or other form of evidence of citizenship (e.g. birth certificate)
- Payment is required within 7 days of invoice issue date. All certificates will be held until invoice has been finalised.
- Please ensure trainer is met, parking arranged if required and we are supplied with mobile contact.
- Group sizes and prices as stated on your booking form. If your numbers increase on the course date your invoice will be altered to reflect this.
- Only one invoice/receipt will be issued per booking.
- Certificates will be issued within 7 days of the date of training once invoice has been finalised.
- Employers agree that where they are responsible for payment, that students will also receive a copy of their Statement of Attainment upon completion. Students will be required to agree to this on their enrolment form.
- There are no refunds for anyone that fails to turn up to booked classes or do not complete required components.
- If employees leave prior to completion they will not receive certification until they have completed all requirements.
- Failure to pay the invoice by due date will void all applied discounts.
When enrolling on to a First Aid Certification and Training course you will receive an email from our online booking system after your booking was completed and paid for. This email confirms you have successfully booked into your course, you have been provided conditional enrolment and gives you access to the Student Management System.
- First Aid Certification and Training empathise that unfortunate circumstances can occur and we cannot be held responsible to ensure individuals turn up to their booked classes at the correct times, our terms and conditions will apply. We will do our best to assist you in any way we can, however the individual is expected to attend the course by themselves with all pre-study completed.
- Abusive behaviour will not be tolerated in our classroom or premises. Students or visitors will be asked to leave, and no refund will be provided.
- Complimentary tea and coffee is available during breaks as well as a fridge for your food. Food is left in the fridge at the student’s own discretion and First Aid Certification and Training will take no responsibly for lost or stolen items out of the fridge.
- Once the course is booked and paid for, it is the individual participant's responsibility to ensure they attend their booked course on the booked date and time.
- All our full day courses include a 10 minute break for morning tea and a 30 min lunch break. Times of the break times are at the discretion of the course trainer and discussed at the beginning of your course.
- To ensure our programs meet the legal requirements set down for training nationally recognised courses additional breaks are not included.
- Parking is available close to the premises (South Tce) however it is limited and for only 2-3hrs. First Aid Certification and Training will allow time for you to check your car (morning break and lunch break but not during training). Parking is at the student’s discretion and FACT Adelaide takes no responsibility for any parking issues. There is also a paid parking station ($9 daily rate) at the open car park on the corner of South Tce and Wilcox St.
- If any student arrives later than 15mins from their nominated course start time on the day of the course they have booked, they will not be permitted to take part in that day’s program (and no refund will be granted). This is to ensure that all the students get the best quality program and allows the trainer to meet legal requirements.
10. TRANSLATORS AND INTERPRETERS:
Translator or Interpreters are the responsibility of the student requiring them. FACT Adelaide will not cover the costs of the translator or interpreters. Failure to notify FACT Adelaide may mean we are unable to seat both parties. Where a student wishes to use translators / interpreters, they should contact FACT Adelaide immediately as this may have consequences for the delivery and assessment and subsequent certification in your chosen course.
All training sessions are both audio and visually recorded for training purposes.
- Read the entire email to ensure you don’t miss any important information.
- All emails will be sent automatically however we at First Aid Certification cannot control the filters on your email, be sure to check your spam folder and if you have not received the email, please contact us immediately.
- Failure to complete the enrolment process prior to starting the course will not stop you from completing the program but will prevent you from receiving the certification or White Card. We are happy to complete the process for you on the day for a $25 administration fee, provided that the information you provide is truthful, accurate and provides you with eligibility to study with FACT in Australia.
TERMS LAST UPDATED JUNE 2023 REVIEWED EVERY 12 MONTHS