This course is designed for workers that are in Education and child care, it allows your workplace to meet its legal requirements in the workplace.
It will provide you with an understanding on how to provide an emergency response in a range of situations including community and work place settings.
CPR provided in this course is the same as CPR training all medical professionals receive.
- HLTAID004 - Provide First Aid in a Child Care or Educational Environment.
- HLTAID003 - Provide First Aid
- HLTAID002 - Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID001 - Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Assessment and management of emergency situations and casualties
- Apply life support skills in accordance with Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines
- First Aid management for an emergency situation
- Infection control principal and procedures
- Signs and symptoms of an asthma attack -mild, moderate, severe
- Common allergic and non-allergic asthma triggers
- Use of an asthma bronchodilator medication using a spacer
- Development risk minimisation and management strategies for asthma and anaphylaxis
- Definition of an allergic reaction and recognition
- Action plans
- Using auto injectors Epi Pen and Ana Pen
F.A.C.T courses are flexible in delivery and we provide theory based reading booklet (Learner Guide) as well as online workbooks to be studied by participants prior to the practical session. We anticipate the pre - learning required may take 2-3 hours depending on each participant.
To ensure the integrity of our assessment process there will be no online assessments completed, however written assessment will take place during the practical session.
A PDF certificate will be available in your personal login on the day of successful completion of the training course and feedback form. For a paper copy Statement of Attainment, you must request on the day and it will be issued prior to leaving at a cost of $20.
The Student USI must be completed prior to the start of the or we can not guarantee your Statement of Attainment will be issued.
7-8 Hrs 1 day course
Course Locations in Adelaide, SA
34 South Tce Adelaide 5000
Plenty of free parking available