SKILLS LEANRT IN THE DIPLOMA IN WHS
This qualification applies to individuals working in a work health and safety (WHS) role who provide a broad range of technical knowledge and skills and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
The qualification applies to those working as supervisors, WHS personnel, and workers in other WHS-related roles who manage risks effectively, apply relevant WHS laws, and contribute to WHS within the workplace in known or changing contexts with established parameters.
- Workplace Compliance
- Risk Management
- Incident Response
- Analyse and Present Research Information
- Return to Work
- Contractor Compliance
- Make Presentations
- Work Skill Instruction
DIPLOMA IN WHS COURSE DELIVERY
Students are required to be competent in written and spoken English and must declare that they have the Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills required prior to booking. The course is an entry-level course, aimed at level 1 of the Australian Qualifications Framework (Certificate 5 level). There is a requirement to be able to read, understand and explain basic construction terminology, hazards, policies and procedures, etc. While there is a large amount of legislation covered, it is covered mostly by way of discussion, videos and training and the student's ability to read complex text is not required for this purpose. The LLN requirements of this course do not exceed those of a standard construction industry workplace.
Face to Face training at FACT Adelaide location or a private venue if required.
Part time Virtual via Zoom training and assignment work to be completed in students own time.
Online training or self paced with up to 12 months to complete this training.
Option 1: 60 hours / 6 days (Face to Face, plus project work)
Option 2: Virtual Classroom via Zoom 60 hours 1 day per week for 6 weeks
Option 3: Online self-paced up to 12 months.
CLOTHING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DIPLOMA IN WHS
Students MUST wear fully enclosed footwear. Thongs, sandals ,crocs and slides are NOT permitted.
DIPLOMA IN WHS COURSE LOCATION IN ADELAIDE,
34 south Tce Adelaide 5000
08 7226 5936
Our trainers are highly qualified and have experience in the Construction, Mining, Civil and even recreational sectors. They will make the white card course interesting and relevant to your needs.
All Students must photo ID which can be either Passport or Australian Drivers licence/Proof of Age.
DIPLOMA IN WHS COST
Face to Face Full time: $
Virtual via Zoom part time training 1 day per week $
Self paced training with up to 12 months to complete $.
All courses require a $200 deposit at the time of booking for Face to Face Training however full fees are required upfront for the self paced training. Payment options are available please contact office for more information.
- The course is progressively assessed for underpinning knowledge and at completion of formal instruction a cumulative assessment will occur.
- Pre-study and workplace assignments are required to be completed at the workplace in the student’s own time.
After completing the core and elective units you will have successfully completed your Diploma in Work Health and Safety - .
- BSB51419 - Diploma in Work Health and Safety (Qualification) and Record of Results
- In the case of partial completion, a Statement of Attainment will be issued for units of competency completed.
- Ability to use and understand English
- Good numeracy skills
- Computer skills are essential (including an understanding of Microsoft Office and PowerPoint)
- Students must supply there own laptop
- Working knowledge of the WHS Act and Regulations
- Recommended but not required experience working in a safety role within the workplace
DIPLOMA BOOKINGS FOR OPTION 1 FACE TO FACE DELIVERY $200 DEPOSIT REQUIRED
The following course will delivered and the Statement of Attainment will be issued by
AKBartlett PTY LTD T/A First Aid Certification and Training.